Date: Thursday, April 11th, 2013, 07:12
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 2.0.6. The new version, a 41.9 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Support for Matroska v4 files.
– Fix WMV, Ogg, AVI, MP4 and subtitles crashes and issues.
– Numerous translations updates and new Welsh translation.
– Small fixes and improvements on the Mac OS X interface.
– Fix some HTTPS certificate rejection.
– Fix ALAC decoding.
– Fix FLAC 6.1 and 7.1 channel order.
– Fix the vimeo parser.
– Numerous D-Bus and MPRIS2 improvements.
VLC 2.0.6 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.