Date: Monday, June 10th, 2013, 07:52
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 2.0.7. The new version, a 41.9 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Fix track selection for PowerPC machines.
– Fix audio decoding for WMA Pro, MPEG 4 ALS, APE, MLP and ADPCM-IMA4.
– Fix audio encoding for MP3 and AAC.
– Numerous translations updates and new Azerbaijani, Kirgyz, Oriya translations.
– Fix a memory leak when creating AVI files.
– Fix two XSS vulnerabilities in the Web UI.
– Fix memory exhaustion vulnerability in some playlist files.
– Fix a libVLC crash in OS X port.
VLC 2.0.7 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.