Date: Monday, March 19th, 2012, 07:18
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to a release candidate version of 2.0.1. The new version, a 25.5 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Support for MxPEG files and streams.
- New features in the Mac OS X interface for more customization.
- Numerous fixes in the Qt, the Mac OS and the skins interfaces.
- Fixes for HTTP Live Streaming, CDDB, UDP/RTP support.
- Security issues SA-1201 and SA-1202.
- Limited support for Bluray discs menus.
- Numerous fixes for MKV support.
- Fix for splitted RAR files playback.
- Numerous fixes for more than 120 bugs.
- Codec and 3rd party libraries security updates.
VLC 2.0.1 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.