Date: Tuesday, July 21st, 2009, 04:37
On Monday, Skype released version 18.104.22.1689 of its popular Voice over Internet Protocol communications program.
The new version, a 42.4 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and features:
- An incorrect notification message appeared “This Wi-Fi hotspot does not support Skype Access” when users tried to connect to Skype Access when Airport was set to off.
- Text was not visible within the chat input field that contained a certain Unicode character.
- Platform specific – Skype for Mac OXS 10.3 (Panther); Skype froze after deleting unread missed events.
- Mood message appeared blank after playing iTunes.
- Contacts were still visible in the “Manage Contact Groups” after deleting them from the Contact List.
- Video appeared blank between Skype for Windows and Skype for Mac.
- A video error message appeared at the beginning of a video call.
- Video and screen sharing functionality did not work after a multiÃ?Â¢?? chat
- Recipients screen remained black after screen sharing was resumed.
- A green line appeared when screen sharing between Skype for Windows and Skype for Mac OXS 10.4 (Tiger). Screen sharing
- Skype froze when screen sharing between Skype for Windows and Skype for Mac.
- An incorrect informative message appeared when entering more than 20 characters for a password.
- The Show in Finder option was not available after cancelling a file transfer.
- Platform specific – OSX 10.3 (Panther); Skype could not connect to the network.
- Skype froze when selecting “Quit Skype”.
- The typing indicator appeared within a Multi-chat even though no one was typing.
- An incorrect informative message appeared when trying to call an emergency number.
- Commas were not visible in mood messages.
- A users name and password field appeared blank after selecting the option “Remember my name and password on this computer”.
- An error message appeared when dragging and dropping a participant to an SMS group.
- An error message appeared when closing the SMS window after sending to multiple recipients.
- SMS functionality did not recognize newly updated telephone numbers associated to Skype Out contacts.
- Ringing sound was not available on incoming calls.
Skype 22.214.171.1249 is available for free and requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later to install and run.